Capital Pilot Limited (hereafter referred to as Capital Pilot) collects certain information or data about you when you browse or register with us for the purposes of using our services. We take the privacy and security of our users and their data very seriously, and only collect, store and use your information for defined purposes. Capital Pilot does not sell your personal information, and only shares the data we collect from you with your consent.
What We Collect
The data Capital Pilot collects includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to www.autopilot.vc, or use our chat function on www.autopilot.vc
- Names and email addresses if you pre-register or sign up for our newsletter
- Your IP address, and details of which web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
Occasionally Capital Pilot may contact visitors to our website and users who have registered with our app to survey opinions and to provide updates on our own products and services. If you wish to be removed from such mailings, please e-mail email@example.com. We will delete your records from our lists and notify you to confirm that we have done so.
All confidential personal and business information (“Confidential Information”) you provide is held securely through our marketing database administered by Viral Loops, as well as through our internal cloud storage (Google Drive). This data is stored internally and only disclosed when and to whom it is necessary. Please visit the Viral Loops website to review their policies on data security and privacy
- we keep Confidential Information confidential, and only share it on a ‘need to know’ basis with members of the team involved in investment committee and client relations, and with partners and potential investors on your instructions and/or who are registered with us via launchpad.capitalpilot.com (we store records of who accessed this data and when); and
- we do not use the Confidential Information in any way except in connection with the purpose for which it was provided;
- If required to do so by a relevant court or competent judicial, governmental or regulatory body, we will disclose the minimum Confidential Information which we are required to disclose.
Information is not Confidential Information in certain circumstances as follows:
- if it is or becomes generally available to the public (other than by a breach of confidentiality by us);
- if we were lawfully in possession of it before it was disclosed; or
- if we received it from a third party who was not bound by confidentiality undertakings.
In these circumstances the confidentiality obligations set out above will not apply but we will still do our best to look after your information with due care.
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it. We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
If at any time you wish to request a copy of any personal data held by Capital Pilot, you can exercise your right to do so by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or writing to us at:
217 Mare St.
Cookies are very small text files consisting of unique numbers. They are generally produced if a web server does not detect a unique session ID. If you allow cookies, they are stored in a dedicated directory on your hard drive, and do not expire at the end of your session.
Use of this technology does not mean that Capital Pilot automatically knows any information about you, and is designed solely to tell Capital Pilot that you have visited the website previously, so that you can be provided with improved functionality. If you accept a cookie you will only receive it once: if you do not accept a cookie when offered, Capital Pilot’s web server will try to send you one with every page request.
Capital Pilot may use more than one type of cookie. Temporary cookies help to maintain the user session and tell the Capital Pilot server which page should be pulled up next, while log file cookies provide insights into how visitors move around the Capital Pilot website, which pages are used frequently and which are less popular, enabling the site to be optimised.
Apart from cookies, your Internet Protocol (IP) address is used to establish a “session” with Capital Pilot’s servers for the delivery of services. Capital Pilot may also store IP addresses and associate them with individual customers in order to enhance your browsing experience, typically by making it easier for you to access your preferred pages.
However, neither cookies nor IP addresses are used by Capital Pilot as a substitute for user login and password routines. Even if someone else has access to your computer, the presence of cookies will not enable other users to access sensitive data.